My gecko has become very boring!

arborman

Well, I guess she is brumating? She rarely comes out of her hides..... rarely eats.... just does not show her face much any more these days. She was so fun to watch as little as 6 weeks ago, but looks like she is going to be hiding out for a while. Anyone else have a gecko that is getting boring? I hope she gets back to her old self soon!

lisa s

hi Paul .. leo's are boring :) But for now I guess it could be that she is taking it a bit more slow. As long as she is not losing any weight just leave her alone and let her be boring :)

MellowMan24

my male has started to slow down a bit too i rarely see him but every now and then he pokes his head out to say hi

SassyAbi

Same here my male doesnt spend much time, if any at all, outside his hides no more. Hes not eating as much either. Hopefully when spring arrives he'll be back to being active. I guess it's just the weather/time of year :/

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Geckos are nocturnal so you will rarely see them during the day.

I know i have only seen mine come out of hiding to get a bit of warmth or to get a drink then go right back in to their hides, its doesn't happen often.

Geckos are most active at night, some more than others. As a lover of geckos you should get joy and pleasure from simply observing them weather they are climbing, eating or simply lazing about.

Boring? i know i would never use that word in the same sentence as geckos or any reptile for that matter.

later-

Darren.

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
I only have one gecko who is fun to watch. I keep her in a 30g by herself and everyone else in tubs. She must be confused because she sleeps all night and is wide awake all day. She was a cl rescue and just loves to watch what everyone else is doing. When she is held, her goal is to get to the top of your head and sleep. She may be weird but perfect pet for my son to play with and my wife really likes her too.

Yamori

Aussie Reptile Keeper
Just thought i would mention that some species are actually crepuscular, meaning they are active and dawn and dusk.
A great way to observe them at these time would be to get a moon light bulb witch give off a little heat but most importantly, don't seem to bother geckos and make them retreat to their hides like red or black lights.

Some people say geckos are fine with red lights but im just speaking from my own personal experience.

Just my 2c-

Darren

ReptarNDukeNukem

Gecko Newbie
My geckos are usually sleep during the day.My male and female RW are brumating even because it is getting colder so they decided to rearranged their cage(they moved their half plastic cup on the heat pad).Then some how moved their ceramic water and meal worm dish by their hide by the heat pad.

GeckoGathering

GrizLaru
Boring, Why?

Well, I guess she is brumating? She rarely comes out of her hides..... rarely eats.... just does not show her face much any more these days. She was so fun to watch as little as 6 weeks ago, but looks like she is going to be hiding out for a while. Anyone else have a gecko that is getting boring? I hope she gets back to her old self soon!

Boring, Why?
May I suggest...
making toys and
a gecko playground to keep it interesting.
Occasional fast prey food. Handling more often.
One of mine goes to the post office, on my head,
under my ball cap.
A fold up table setup for stretching it's
legs and climbing..
Mountain burlwood for climbing. bridges,
tunnels,........etc.
Need to entertain it a bit.
Take care. HJ

Visit our friends