My gecko has not pooped on her own in over a month.

D's Gecko

My female leopard gecko is over a year old, on repti-carpet and on a diet of crickets and meal worms. For the last month she one poops when I give her a warm bath with a belly rub. Before this she was pooping every night in her corner. I have no idea whats wrong, I know my son has been picking her up a lot lately and not respecting her hiding hole. I have declared her cage off limits but what else can I do to help my lil girl.

sausage

BSc AMAS
I know its a pain but could you please fill in the health sticky thread with all you feeding and housing information and post it here, so we can get a better picture of the situation / potential causes. :)

WoWo

Is she eating a lot these days? If not, then it's not a big issue. Few of my female aren't eating much now that breeding's over, so i rarely see poop. Not sure it's once a month though.

D's Gecko

I know its a pain but could you please fill in the health sticky thread with all you feeding and housing information and post it here, so we can get a better picture of the situation / potential causes. :)

Um I'm new to this and don't know what a health sticky is. She gets 4 crickets a morning and another 3 at night. Odd says she gets 3 meal worms in the morning and 3 crickets at night. She lives in a ten gallon tank with reptile carpeting, with a den, slate stones for perching and a reptile safe tree. I hope this helps

D's Gecko

Is she eating a lot these days? If not, then it's not a big issue. Few of my female aren't eating much now that breeding's over, so i rarely see poop. Not sure it's once a month though.

She eats, but she just does not poop. As of today she is not walking well either. Kinda shaky when she walks and she's sleeping a lot lately as in the last 2 days.

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I would probably take her to a reptile vet asap if she cant walk. Sounds like she could be impacted.

D's Gecko

I would probably take her to a reptile vet asap if she cant walk. Sounds like she could be impacted.

She is walking but its like her nails are sticking to the reptile carpet and she's shaky. She has not pooped on her own but with a warm bath and a gentle belly rub she will poo in the water. (yuck but it does the job) now I have tried to leave her untouched for the last week besides to change out the old rug. she eats at least once a day. She's just not pooping on her own at all.

Visit our friends