my gecko was scared

C

charcloskit

hi, I have a frog eyed gecko, and I am still learing about there behaviour.

Now I don't want responces that say I am not supposed to take my gecko out of his terrarium, but I just want to be close to him, and so I take him out every evening to run around on the sofa.
Now he can stretch his legs and run a bit, what he can't do in his ''small'' terrarium.

I just let him run around or let him walk on my hands or arms...

now I held him yesterday and we had visit, he did not want to go back in his terrarium so I opened the door with him on my arm. The people (1 man, 1 woman) came in and about 30 seconds later he began to run like crazy, apparently something freaked him out.

I was able to catch him and after 5 min he was back in his terrarium.

Now my question is: he was so freaked, but later that evening he came back to the glass and wanted to come out again. I did not take him out, out of concern that he would get to stressed and maybe die by the stress.
Is there anyone who knows what I should do now, leave him inside the terrarium for a few days or just continue to let him explore the coutch.

thnks

STUTFL

Knowing nothing about that species, I would first suggest you return small pets to their cages when you have company, are going out of doors, etc.

When you have let a small animal loose in your home, you should be able to devote your full attention to it to ensure it doesn't escape or come to harm.

Last edited:

Visit our friends