My new leo setup (almost done)

SA Leopards

Hey all!

I finished my new leo cage a couple of days ago and thought I'd share with you! I tried to go with as much slate as possible to keep the look uniform and I must say that I am quite chuffed with it! The dimensions are 63L X 45W X 35H, so it is a very deep cage. My leos seem to love it as they are much more active than what they used to be in my old setup. The surface area that they can roam is really large as well as the extra levels with the slate tiles adding that bit more space!

DSCF0025.jpg

A frontal view of the setup. I covered the humidity boxes with slate tile with the lid being easily lifted to wet the moss again.

DSCF0073.JPG

Left view of the setup; the mealworm dish has been painted with a "fake" rock type of paint, the red blob (the calcium dish) is going to be replaced in the next couple of days as well! In the back corner is the cool side humidity box with the cool side hide right next to it.

DSCF0074.JPG

The right side, with the humidity box in the corner and the dry hide in front of it. This is also the heated side with the UTH running under it.

DSCF0076.JPG

The humidity box with the top down.

DSCF0077.JPG

The humidity box with the lid off for easy misting of the moss

DSCF0079.JPG

Just a pic of Gary chillin in the hot hide, he was my first rescue, previous owners really gave him a hard time, barely has one complete toe left! Fiona is in the warm humidity box (she is carrying eggs so don't want to bother her too much)

Any comments or tips that you guys might want to add?

Cheerz

Arno

SA Leopards

Thanx for the comments guys! It is actually really easy to do, you just need to cut the slate with a grinder (not sure what it is called over there). It really is simple, just be carefull of slate chips flying into your eye, I almost had a nasty accident. Wear protective glasses! The pillars are just pieces of broken slate tile that I stuck together using aquarium silicone. Anyone can do it!

Visit our friends