My (not new) gecko refuses to come out when I’m around

Fern.gecko

So I have this baby leopard gecko I’ve had for 2 months. They have a 31 gallon front opening enclosure,correct heating,uvb etc. she eats from tongs but she goes straight back into her cave and if she’s walking around and sees me move she fast walks back into her cave. There’s plenty of hiding spots and fake plants. I’m just confused why fern is so timid? I tried to lure her out with food but again she goes right back inside the cave.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
A lot of the time young hatchlings hide most of the time. Some of them never get over it and some do. Keep talking to her. See if you can feed her occasionally from your hand instead of the tongs. Give her some time to grow up.

Aliza

Fern.gecko

A lot of the time young hatchlings hide most of the time. Some of them never get over it and some do. Keep talking to her. See if you can feed her occasionally from your hand instead of the tongs. Give her some time to grow up.

Aliza
Thank you, I taught her to listen to the sound of my tongue click and associates that with food so she’s been coming out more and more

Visit our friends