My two Leopard Geckos

theWERM

hi, when i put put my two leopard geckos together (one 4.5'' and the other 6'') the bigger one looks at the others tail oddly:robin: and the smaller gecko just ignores it:inquisitive:. does any one know whats going on? as far as i know they are to young to sex.

Last edited:
O

Onsight

Hey Werm, I Would Recommend Separating Them For The Time Being Untill You Can Sex Them Properly, May End Up Having A Few Nipped Tails If You Dont. Could Be 2 Males Sizing Each Other Up To Fight For Territory. What Size Is Your Tank? You May Be Able To Put A Divider In For The Time Being If Moneys Tight.

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
Is there any way you can post photos of their vent areas? I'm sure we could try to sex them for you. Even if they are the same sex, housing them together is usually a problem when they are different sizes. Sometimes females that are the exact same size will not even tolerate each other or bully one away from the food.

theWERM

they are in separate tanks, they do this when we take them out to feed them. we have had a small tail nip before but nothing happend. I have seen them doing a cat like thing with their tail. about how old do you you guys think they are? and with that age do you guys think they are ready to sex? as far i can see they both of them look like girls, I'll try and get some pics of their vents, for now I have some pics of them walking around, (not the best quality pictures)

This is mine and my bro's geckos
DSC00203-1-1.jpg

This is my gecko
DSC00201.jpg

Last edited:

Mel&Keith

Mod Squad Member
They do look pretty young. Milkshake is probably almost big enough to visually sex but your smaller one may take a while. I would guess that Milkshake is probably 2-3 months old and the other is closer to 1-2 months old. Those are just rough guesstimates.

theWERM

Here are the pics of their vents.
this is Milkshake's vent
DSC00243.jpg

and this is my geckos vent
DSC00246.jpg

Does anyone have any name suggustions for my gecko???

Visit our friends