Name this Baby Leo & 1 adult - Pretty Please

Adult Female, doesn't quite look like Patternless's I've seen...Also what is the difference in a Murphy Patternless and a Patternless? Other than one is recessive and one is co-dominant(I think thats what I read).

LeuF2.jpg

LeuF.jpg

Baby #1 - Has eyes like the adult female. Very light compared with the other 2 babies.

BabyLeu1.jpg

-------------------------

Baby #2 Hypo?

BabyJungle1.jpg

-------------------------
Baby #3 Closest picture I've seen like him was of a Ghost....whatever that is exactly. Another name for a Mack Snow maybe? Is that a recessive gene?

BabyWhitest1.jpg

Last edited:

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
None of those geckos are patties, the first looks like a tremper albino. The first hatchlings looks to be albino, the second a tang and third a normal or mack snow?
What is the other parent?

The adult female is not related to the babies. The babies are just pet quality, lady I got them from was not sure of the background and did not have the breeders contact information. I'm just curious to what they could be. So most likely the Albinos would be Tremper Albinos right?

The adult female came from a breeder and I was told Albino het for Blizzard. I just wanted to make sure since she is the first Albino I have actually seen in person.

Last edited:

DrCarrotTail

I believe your gecko in the first picture is a Tremper Albino. I’m not sure what the lighter colored baby you have is without seeing the eyes but it could be a Tremper albino as well. The hatchling with the black spots looks like a tangerine. Mack snow is not recessive – it’s co-dominant (super snows are the homozygous form of the gene). To me, that last guy looks like a normal, maybe a high yellow? Could be mack snow as well but they tend to be more white as babies.

From what I understand, Murphy’s patternless is a recessive trait. These geckos usually have solid pale yellow bodies. The “patternless” that is in the acronym RAPTOR for example is a trait that is linked to eclipse eyes but can be changed through line breeding. I’m not sure I know anything about a co-dominant type of patternless but maybe someone with more experience than I have has and can enlighten us :)

Nope I didn't breed these. Wish I knew the breeder but I don't. Next geckos I buy will be from a reliable source so I know the genes and hets. These are just my pet quality newbies. I thought Normals had less white as babies which is why I'm not sure of the last baby but I haven't seen very many normal hatchlings either.

I've been googling pictures of Mack Snows and from what I'm seeing this baby does look like several Hypo Mack Snows or young Mack Snows I've seen. Its not quite a hatchling so I was trying to find mainly Juvie pictures. I don't know the exact age but I'm guessing about 6-8 weeks old. Could be just a lower quality Mack Snow which is why it has more yellow than most young Macks. Do Tangerine Mack Snows exist?

Last edited:

RampantReptiles

There are mack snows that have a lot of orange/yellow color. Creamsicle.
http://www.leopardgeckowiki.com/index.php?title=Creamsicle

I would say what others have said is right except the P in RAPTOR acronym stands for "Patternless stripe" which is derived from breeding any kind of stripe(red, bold, etc) to a reverse stripe producing a gecko that looks to have no pattern.

Also that one albino baby looks VERY thin. You should separate it and make sure it is eating. If not it may have parasites or need to see a vet.

DrCarrotTail

Thanks for the insight into patternless :D

I agree on the lightest baby looking quite skinny. They all they look a bit young to have been sold IMO but I can't really tell their sizes from the photos. Best of luck growing them up!

RampantReptiles

Yep you are welcome. :)
Many stripes if bred to another stripe can unlock the eclipse gene and produce genetic eclipse babies. People have argued these animals are not het eclipse but who knows...

Yes thats one reason I bought him. He was a $20 pet store baby. I've been taking him out by himself every night to feed him crickets. He was in a cage with 6 other baby geckos(in sand no less) and was one of the smallest babies so I'm sure he wasn't getting top pick on food. He has been eating well. I've had him 3 days now and he is eating like a pig, 5 small crickets the first night, and 2-3 small crickets every night since after that.

Visit our friends