need some help!

Gpoop

I'm setting up my leopard gecko tank and wanted to test some things out so I attached the UTH and set up the thermometer and temperature controller. First off, is the UTH suppose to have these bubbles?

IMG_5188.jpg

second, I thought the UTH was suppose to heat up the air not just the floor? The only place is warm is were the UTH is attached.

idk, I feel like something is not right

Gpoop

Ok thank you! I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders! LOL and yes, I know they need belly heat but in the instructions it says it will heat up the air too.

sunshinegeckos

I know with mine it took a few hours for it to really heat up. It will heat up the air slightly but not a huge change. Where you will see the change is the floor temp.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
If the warm hide is right over the UTH, then the air inside the hide will probably be heated and the gecko will probably stay in there on cool days.

Aliza

Gpoop

I know with mine it took a few hours for it to really heat up. It will heat up the air slightly but not a huge change. Where you will see the change is the floor temp.

Oh ok. Also, should I put the temp controller probe right on the UTH?

Last edited:

Syn

Personally, when purchasing a new UTH I cover the sticky side with aluminum foil. I've noticed that if you ever decide to remove the UTH, the adhesive will not always come off correctly and it will cause some (often minor) fluctuations in heating temperature.

I don't get bubbles normally, either. :)

Visit our friends