new arrangement

MrLeoGecko

The bird Is The Word
Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not see a humid hide or a calcium dish?

id say that the calcium is in with the mealies also i dont provide a humid hide 24/7 i just leave it to dry out and then moisten it when they shed because if u think about it they dont come from the rainforest so why provide a humid enviroment all the time my reason i dont use a humid hide 24/7 is to prevent resp infections and mouth rot stuff like that i do realise that theyve got a choise of not being in there but most of mine practicly used to live in them

just an opinion

H

hong

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not see a humid hide or a calcium dish?

the humid substrates are keep inside the ceramic hollow log and also there is three dish inside the enclosure.one is water,another one is filled with calcium and D3,the last one is the food dish.

Bellalee

:) I think it looks great I like the little log. Just a heads up, you want calcium without D3 in with your gecko at all time, you can dust with calcium with d3. :)

H

hong

thanx for your comment Rachel.i have contact my local breeders,they all provide calcium with D3 in dish all the time,and they dont seems to have problems yet,so i follow it.do you think there's gonna be a problem for a long run?

Angel

they can overdose on D3 thats why its recommended not to leave calcium with D3 in it in the dish instead leave pure calcium in the dish and dust you mealies or crickets with the cacium D3 mix, as well dust your feeders once a week {or what works for you some do every 2 weeks} with vitamins.

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
I would be very careful with the gap between the 2 tiles. It looks like the gecko's foot can just fit in it. Perhaps you can fill it with sand or make that wider?

Also, are you using UTH to provide heat? I don't see any probes in the enclosure; you need to make sure the temps don't get higher than 95/96F.

H

hong

I would be very careful with the gap between the 2 tiles. It looks like the gecko's foot can just fit in it. Perhaps you can fill it with sand or make that wider?

Also, are you using UTH to provide heat? I don't see any probes in the enclosure; you need to make sure the temps don't get higher than 95/96F.

there is no problem between the gap these tiles are very stable so my gecko's foot will not probably get stuck in there.

i use the kind of flourescent tube just for visual effects, it wont get overheat.plus i live in tropical country my gecko dont even need to thermoregulate their body heat so no UTH or any heating is needed.

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
id say that the calcium is in with the mealies also i dont provide a humid hide 24/7 i just leave it to dry out and then moisten it when they shed because if u think about it they dont come from the rainforest so why provide a humid enviroment all the time my reason i dont use a humid hide 24/7 is to prevent resp infections and mouth rot stuff like that i do realise that theyve got a choise of not being in there but most of mine practicly used to live in them

just an opinion

Actually leopard geckos spend quite a bit of time in humid environments in the wild. They spend their days in humid burrows/holes and are only exposed to dry air at night during hunting/mating forays. Properly maintained humid hides donot cause stomatitis(mouth rot) or respiratory infections, the only time you will run into potential problems with skin issues is when the substrate is continuously kept too wet. The type of infections you are referring to are caused by other husbandry issues such and temps being too low. All of my geckos have humid hides 24/7 and in the 15 years I have been keeping leos I have never had any issues because of it.

Visit our friends