New cage, new leo

Fitto55

Geeko
Hey guys, just got my new leo Marley yesterday and wanted to show off pics of her new cage for criticism. :D Ill post pics of her in a week or so when shes settled in and I start taking her out. Shes patternless, with some really nice almost giraffe spots. Anway, tell me what you think:)

The whole setup, sorry for the flash/bad quality for all of these. Tile floor with foam under the tile warm hide and along the back. The coffee is my moist hide, top floor is cool hide.
sw8j9i.jpg

Feeding station. Calcium, mealy dish, water dish
4g1y7o.jpg

Peeking out of the cool hide upstairs :D Not sure what those lines are.
bk908.jpg

warm hide, with styrofoam
mx2btv.jpg

thanks for the feedback =]

Last edited:

Justen23

Thats pretty cool but what is the significance of the tile. i have never heard of anyone using it before this site and im really interested to know what is so great about it if someone could please tell me

Marleykeeper

That's funny I just got a big male named Marley earlier this weekend. Tiles are good because they are cheap, easy to clean, and hold heat beter then carpet or paper towel

Justen23

Ooo alright i will try tile on my upcoming gecko. and how did you make the stuff in this tank safe for the lizard did u have to use alcohol of just thoroughly clean it?? cause i wanna do a custom tank but im afraid my leo will be allergic or get sick from the items i put in there.

Fitto55

Geeko
I just have tiles from when my mom used to make coasters from them, shes a crafty person. Theyre not glossed or anything and i just put them in, and instead of getting tiles cut, i prefered to just make a hide with foam under it on the end. He seems to be enjoying himself, however im using an old UTH ive never used, it used to be my bros, and i think im going to switch to my good one, because the warm side isnt warm enough

Visit our friends