New Caging

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I found this amazing new cage on Craigslist last week. As you can see from the 2 pictures below, it's made of a wood frame with large tubs and 1/4" sliding glass in the front. It looks really nice from the front and not as nice from the side, so I'll probably make some kind of fabric panel for the side. I paid $250 for it (it was designed and built by the person who sold it to me) but that included not only the cage, but florescent fixtures and lights (which I'm not using), flexwatt and rheostats (which I replaced with heat cable and thermostats) and an outlet strip. I've put my 4 leopard gecko breeding groups in it, which frees me up for a lot more baby space in my tanks as well as being able to make a much better cage for my second AFT breeding group.

Aliza

IMG_2549.jpg

CageStackSide.jpg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
This year I bred 1.2 normals (who didn't give me anything fertile) and 1.1 het amel and amel. Next season I'm holding back an amel female. I'm going to put her in the normal group since the male tends to produce babies with a surprising amount of orange and I'm going to put one of the normal females with the het amel male. I can't afford any of the really unusual morphs, but these are really pretty.

Aliza

Wild West Reptile

Leopards AFT Ball Pythons
Good luck with that! I hope you get lots of pretty lil fatties! If your in the market for any of those "unusual morphs", please let me know, as I will have plenty of them to choose from. You might want to check into Granite's. They're really cool looking and don't cost nearly as much as the other morphs. You could cross some normals with a Granite and see what you get!

Visit our friends