New Gecko Photo Shoot! (Snow Edition!)

Dinosaur!

Hi all! These are photos of the four new geckos that I recieved from Travis at Enigmatic Reptiles a week ago today! They are all settling in very nicely, so I thought I would get some decent pictures of them in natural light! (All of them are bold Mack Snow Eclipse's, pos. het typhoon, unless otherwise stated.)

First up is the massive, Titan! His name is well deserving I think! He is the biggest gecko I own at 96g, and he is longer than my forearm. He will be a great stud next season! :D

mi8JtNj.jpg

vDMOiXR.jpg

Second is this pretty little girl (Nameless for now. Suggestions appreciated!) She will be a very good breeder next season hopefully, and she is the lightest colored out of all of them :)

lGtB4PL.jpg

DQAqF4a.jpg

Third is my favorite MSE of the shipment, Lyric! She has some very nice reduced patterning, she is beautiful all around, and makes me anxious for next season! I cannot wait to see the hatchlings that she makes! But am I going crazy, or does her head look almost "rainbow" to you all?

e3tj4Ee.jpg

yW1wcRB.jpg

And last, but not least, is this pretty little total eclipse boy (Name suggestions again please!)! He has snow white legs, and will be paired with a hatchling from the others in the future. I am also looking to pick up a female for him at the next reptile exppo in November. Any suggestions on what you guys think would go nicely with him?

aVf5ADd.jpg

LcF4sPC.jpg

Thank you for reading! I will try to answer any questions you have, and comments are always appreciated :) Have fun gecko'ing! :D

AlexT

A week already!? Boy does time fly by! Good shots! As for names, maybe do a google search for snow names or winter names. I found a name for mine by looking for jungle like names, came up with some good results! Glad to see they are all getting situated nicely!

P.S. I'm telling you my Bold SS Eclipse is your eclipse's brother! :main_laugh:

Last edited:

Kiara1125

Beardie Tamer
I say you should name the first female Scarlet, due to her reddish brown spots, and name the male Glacier or something with an ice-like name to it. Or something random like Trevor. xD

Gorgeous additions, though!

Matt_pole

Without reading your post I assumed Titan was a normal, are their any tell tale signs that he is a Mack snow enigma that I'm not aware of?
I apologise if this is a dumb question since I'm still learning about genetics and I'm fairly confused.

Kiara1125

Beardie Tamer
Without reading your post I assumed Titan was a normal, are their any tell tale signs that he is a Mack snow enigma that I'm not aware of?
I apologise if this is a dumb question since I'm still learning about genetics and I'm fairly confused.

First off, they're Eclipses, not Enigmas. Enigmas have trouble eating, so I know that Autumn wouldn't get those since she's told me before.

As for the difference between Mack Snows and Normals, Mack Snows are born with white bands or just in general and it fades to yellow over time. There are little differences to tell between a Mack Snow and a Normal, but seeing them as hatchlings is the one huge tell tale sign.

Just look around at different morph websites. I was confused at first, but I learned for certain morphs. I'm still confused on the more advanced ones like Albinos and Trempers, but you just tend to learn when you compare websites. Some actually have extended definitions rather than just pictures. Just look around and you'll get the hang of it. :)

Dinosaur!

To Matt, Titan is a mack snow eclipse, not enigma, as stated elsewhere :) I will not be working with enigmas, simply because I dont like the idea of bringing mentally defected geckos into creation. I don't discriminate against those who do, I just don't wish to do it myself. But he does have traits that set him apart from a normal. He is a pale yellow instead of bright yellow or dark yellow as seen in most normals. He also has a partial snake-eye, which means that a portion of his eyes are solid black (beside the pupil). His feet are very white, and he has a distinct white nose-tip which are distinct characteristics of an eclipse. Also, his genetics (when bred to another mack snow eclipse) will yeild mack snows, more MSE's, and total eclipse's. He will also possibly yeild typhoons and the snow variations of them if he proves out. That is the difference between him and a normal. The girls are the same as him too :) I hope that answers your questions! :D

And thank you all for the responses! I am super excited for next season, and so are the members of my local herpetolgy association who were amazed by these geckos when they got to see them! Anyone else working with these morphs next season out of curiosity?

As for the geckos names, I have still not decided, although the name Scarlet is a good one! Sadly I have a little lab girl at my dads house named that already! Lol! :D Their names will come to me over time, and possibly sooner if any of you inspire my mind! :D

Last edited:

Visit our friends