New setup for new addition.

williamsr815

Well if you saw my thread in the general discussion, i added a new tangerine raptor in with Stig, my raptor. Both are females. I had a small problem with compatibility between them but mostly because of my own doing. In an effort to reduce issues between them, i removed everything from the tank, disinfected everything and put all new decorations in. I also put some foil tape on the UTH's to keep some extra heat in since im heating such a large enclosure.

I painted the underside of the lid of the tank with glow in the dark paint to create a small amount of light for nighttime viewing but it barely produces enough light to see glow at all.

Here is how it was setup right before i tore into it:
IMG_0489.jpg

And here it is now:
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

williamsr815

Thanks for the replies!
Im slowly minimizing the sand on the surface with large flat rocks to keep ingestion down but so far so good!

Now, what would be the best lighting for an aloe type plant? As of now i have a neodymium day bulb, IR heat bulb and LED lighting. Will the LED's be sufficient or do they need UVB?

williamsr815

Yes it is, just a basic foam, caulk, and grout wall to liven it up a bit.

Does anyone have an idea for a passive type nighttime lighting system? I tried glow in the dark paint but it doesn't glow nearly as well as i thought it would.

roger

Well if you saw my thread in the general discussion, i added a new tangerine raptor in with Stig, my raptor. Both are females. I had a small problem with compatibility between them but mostly because of my own doing. In an effort to reduce issues between them, i removed everything from the tank, disinfected everything and put all new decorations in. I also put some foil tape on the UTH's to keep some extra heat in since im heating such a large enclosure.

I painted the underside of the lid of the tank with glow in the dark paint to create a small amount of light for nighttime viewing but it barely produces enough light to see glow at all.

Here is how it was setup right before i tore into it:
IMG_0489.jpg

And here it is now:
IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

i'm assuming b4 u put the new leo in u quarantined correct ?

williamsr815

Thanks for the replies, initially i didn't quarantine them but i did immediately as soon as i realized my mistake. The rocks are real rocks that i found locally and bleached and then baked them.

As for the bulb, i have a small CFL in there right now with a small aloe to test it out. It has been about 2 weeks and i don't see any signs of dying but with these plants how can you really?

Visit our friends