NEW TO LEOS

krazedpythonboy

I'm looking to pick up some of my first leos soon(after I get cages setup and all the information I need, of course). Where would be a good place to start looking for geckos? I was thinking of waiting till our local reptile show, but if I get all my research done and find a good reliable seller/breeder I may get them sooner.

Thanks a ton!

Holly12

Well if you look above you you will see breeders such as Hiss or Ohio Geckos and so on try looking around up thier and see what comes across to you Iam not sure whear you live but look around and see who does shipping what are the cost of shipping I hope this somewhat helps good luck. :)

Holly12

Yes and so have I got a nice one from one of them and will be geting a AFT from the same person. :)

Taquiq

JK Herp
I would reccomend the breeders but if it's too expensive see if you have a local reptile store. If that doesn't work go to a pet store like ******** or *****

Taquiq

JK Herp
Sorry about the asterisk. They don't let me say stores so just go to a local pet shop.

prettyprincess3690

If you do go to a pet shop, make sure that the leos are in excellent health and have good living conditions (clean tank, solid substrate, appropriate number of leos per tank, etc). My first leo was from a ******** and she's a gorgeous and healthy SHTCT, so it really just depends.

Holly12

My frist leo she from a pet store she is a middnight blizzard and she is as healthy as a horse lol so I agree it does depends on the pet shop and how they keep thier leos.

krazedpythonboy

Well, my first gecko came a little faster than I thought! My girlfriend got me my first one for christmas!!! :) I'm so excited. I have all the basic care down, but will continue to read more about them. I'll post pictures soon. It was sold to her as a hypo tangerine. It's still a little girl. :)

krazedpythonboy

Here's the pictures! Let me know what you guys think!!

Lia01.jpg

Lia02.jpg

Lia03.jpg

Lia04.jpg

Lia05.jpg

Lia06.jpg

Lia07.jpg

Lia08.jpg

Lia09.jpg

G

geckoavenger

Shes very cute, I like her speckling. Hope you know that they change a lot when they grow older, some of the colors will fade & so on. If you buy another gecko I would go with the breeders up at the top, (I got my super snow from Fallen Angel's Geckos & my shtct from Moyers Monsters) or if you wanna see the gecko first hand & not pay for shipping, I would suggest buying from an expo. I know the next reptile Im getting will be from a show.

(I sure hope those wood chips isn't her substrate:worried:)

Last edited by a moderator:

krazedpythonboy

Thank you guys! I love her so much. At what age/size would I be able to accurately sex her? Also, can anyone confirm the hypo tangerine?

Oh No, no, no, no... that's one of my many snakes' cages that she's peeking into. She is and will always be on paper towels. :main_thumbsup:

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
At the moment she's a hypo tangerine but if those spots all disappear she will be a super hypo tangerine. Congratulations on your new geckos. Enjoy her.

Aliza

krazedpythonboy

Thanks you guys! I have 2 more questions...

Does it matter when you feed your geckos? Do you most of you guys feed your geckos at night considering they are nocturnal?

Is there a thread or a website about morphs? So I can learn to identify them.

Holly12

Awww congrats on your new little girl she looks so cute and she is pretty very nice colors on her. ;)

Holly12

I feed my 2 girls at night all cuz they are sleeping in the day time so night time would be best. :)

Visit our friends