Newbie :)

Lala

Hey guys

well first of all im a newbie to fat tails, i have had a leopard gecko, which sadly we had to have euthanised. :( although we did have bad experiences with her we are not gona let it put us off.. soooooo today i went and picked a little fatty :D we will get him next tuesday and man i cant wait! he is soooooooo pretty and i just love his chubby wee face :)

i assume the care for these is pretty similar to a leo? i will look into it alot, dont worry, but it would be cool if you guys could share your tricks of the trade :) any help and suggestions is much appreciated :) and i will post a pic as soon as we gets him :D

ahhhhh im super excited :banana:

Taquiq

JK Herp
Fat Tails need to have more Humidity then Leopard Geckos. Peat Moss is a good idea for substrate as Fat Tails like to burrow in it to rehydrate themselves. They can even be more docile and calm then Leopard Geckos. As with Leos never house 2 males together as they will often fight to the death. They are nocturnal.

Lala

Hey

Yea i have read that they need more humidity. I have been researching and have found that a humid hide is a good idea and i have also read that having plants and spraying those every so often also helps?? as for the peat moss, we will be using this, i guess we may need to spray this every so often to allow for rehydration?

thanks in advance:)

HepCatMoe

Escaped A.I.
i find that it is best to mix peat moss and vermiculite in a 50/50 ratio. that is what jmg does and they the premier aft breeder.

Visit our friends