Not eating!

danicole95

I have had my leopard gecko Luna for a week and she's been eating but the last few days she has refused crickets and even mealworms! Even thought I would try her with wax worms as a treat and she has refused them! Can someone help please?! [emoji20]
ec1e779efde984195ea09893d788e390.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indyana

There's no need to panic if your gecko doesn't eat every day. Reptiles can go for a while without food; they aren't like warm-blooded creatures that need to eat constantly to keep their body heat up.

Not sure what sort of setup you have, but generally substrate is not recommended for leopard geckos. Most keepers use tile/slate or a liner like paper, paper towel, etc. Those shavings could cause digestive issues if she manages to swallow too much accidentally.

Here's a general leopard gecko caresheet that you can review. It details the simplest setup recommended for a leopard gecko and also includes information on the proper temperatures and heating methods.
http://www.onlinegeckos.com/leopard-gecko-careguide-caresheet.html

danicole95

[rQUOTE=indyana;817593]There's no need to panic if your gecko doesn't eat every day. Reptiles can go for a while without food; they aren't like warm-blooded creatures that need to eat constantly to keep their body heat up.

Not sure what sort of setup you have, but generally substrate is not recommended for leopard geckos. Most keepers use tile/slate or a liner like paper, paper towel, etc. Those shavings could cause digestive issues if she manages to swallow too much accidentally.

Here's a general leopard gecko caresheet that you can review. It details the simplest setup recommended for a leopard gecko and also includes information on the proper temperatures and heating methods.
http://www.onlinegeckos.com/leopard-gecko-careguide-caresheet.html[/QUOTE]
brilliant thank you!! Will try something else :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visit our friends