not eatting much and acting weird

speedygecko

my beardie is eatting maybe a cricket or 2...i just bought him monday night and its wed. so im thinking hes still stressed. he lets me hold him but when i try to give him something to eat he wont eat it....but he goes around the tank licking the reptti carpet and tryin to eat the water and food dishes...i just dont get it...help anyone?

NatandZoe

We have 2 leopard geckos
He definetely still may be stressed. We just perchased 2 leopard geckos and one wasnt eating for a week almost and whatever he did eat he would vomit up but today he ate 2 crickets!! So maybe just give him some time, if that doesnt work then maybe another member can help you out since I am quite new to the whole lizard/gecko thing. :) I think that if he is eating maybe 1 or 2 a day he should be fine for right now. Im not sure why he is trying to eat his food dishes though. Are you sure he isnt just licking them or is he actually biting them?
Natalie and Zoe

NatandZoe

We have 2 leopard geckos
It is okay that he is licking his tank though. Geckos and lizards lick things to get their sent. My leopard geckos do that to my hand even, to get my sent, and they also do it to whatever new thing I put into their cage as well. :) Hope this helps.
Natalie and Zoe

fl_orchidslave

He could be thirsty. Sometimes they won't eat if they need water. Try misting him, see if he drinks, let 15 or so minutes pass, then try feeding. If you get it spoiled on hand feeding, he won't want to eat on his own. I use a separate container (15qt tub) for baby dragon feeding, so nothing can hide.

speedygecko

thanks everybody that helps....I did get a container to put him in for feeding and he just sits there and lets the crickets jump all over him....he might eat 1 or 2 if im lucky....i like the whole separate container thing but i was wondering with him being so new that the container might be scaring him too

Visit our friends