Online feeder supplier?

Megg

I've used one supplier a few times in the past and was satisfied with the price, service, and product. Shipping was always $6-9. This time they wanted $30-50 for shipping. I'm wondering if anyone knows of another reputable feeder supplier with decent shipping?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

firehawk0285

No good reason for that kind of shipping price. I like discountdubias.com. Shipping is like $7 or free with a big order. And prices and service are great.

DrCarrotTail

I raise my own dubia but order mealwoms on ebay...haha. There are a bunch of decent mealworm sellers there with similar prices and shipping times. Crickets need to be overnighted - especially in the summer and winter so the shipping on them is way more expensive. Currently I tend to use Rainbow Mealworms as they've been reliable and have good prices.

Megg

I raise my own dubia but order mealwoms on ebay...haha. There are a bunch of decent mealworm sellers there with similar prices and shipping times. Crickets need to be overnighted - especially in the summer and winter so the shipping on them is way more expensive. Currently I tend to use Rainbow Mealworms as they've been reliable and have good prices.
That's actually who I usually use (rainbow mealworms). I don't ever feed crickets, but perhaps something else I ordered needed overnighted. I thought maybe because of the summer shipping would be higher for some reason. Not sure.

I do love Rainbow Mealworms and I'll check back with them periodically and buy local until/unless prices drop.

Last edited:

DrCarrotTail

I found with Rainbow that unless you are buying a bunch of different feeders their prices are cheaper on eBay than their website. They ship using 2-3 day priority mail. I definitely find a few more dead worms in the summer when its hot out but I'm not sure there's much help for that and its not their fault - the worms are just flying 3500 miles to me in 90 degree weather so its expected. When I've had a lot of death, even when it was my fault (worms stuck at post office over the weekend because mail lady didn't leave me a notice to pick them up) Rainbow has stepped up and made things right.

Visit our friends