Ordering 2 racks...

Adinar

and would like some suggestions/reviews on a decent brand of thermostat that is reasonably priced. I was checking out thebeanfarm.com, and there aren't any reviews! Any input would be appreciated!

justindh1

I have a herpstat and love it! Works great at keeping the temps stable and haven't had any issues with it.

If I got another thermostat then it would be a johnson, ranco, helix, or a herpstat. They all seem to work great and consistently from what I hear. Helix and Herpstat have more settings and will have adjustments at 1/10 of a degree. Johnson and Ranco are on/off thermostats. Helix and Herpstat adjust the amount of heat to keep the temps stable. I bet you'd be happy with any of them.

UnicornSpirit

Graphic Designer
This is my favorite proportional thermostat... I love it for my incubators. It has a nice professional look with it's backlit display including current time, current probe temp along with temp history. That and it is silent. "Vivarium Electronics VE-300"
http://www.reptilebasics.com/ve-300

For my racks I just use a on/off Ranco.

OnlineGeckos

I've read some say on/off Ranco could shorten the life of your devices, is that true or no from you guys' experiences? I can't seem to decide on on/off thermostats like Ranco or proportional. Thanks.

Russ S

Re-Member
The only devise I have ever had trouble with was a piece of heat cable, but that was controlled with a rheostat.

Adinar

Thanks for the replies everyone. Now I have something to work with. After looking thru the brands, I think I've got it narrowed down to Herpstat or Vivarium. Hm... decisions, decisions.

Visit our friends