Perch silliness

PaladinGirl

I recently bought a couple of those magnetized perches for Toon. By the way, I like the perches, even though I read a lot of bad reviews of them. And Toon loves them! I placed them right next to other structures in the tank so she would have an easy way up and down. However, she usually prefers to walk off the side of the perch, dangle for a few seconds, stretch her body out, and then drop down. It's not a very far drop and it's funny to watch but I'm wondering if I should change something? :main_huh:

Last edited:

PaladinGirl

got pics? a perch doesn't seem like something suitable for a leopard gecko which is a terrestrial animal.
good luck!

It's basically just a ledge. It's about 7" L x 4" wide. Her's look like mushrooms; they're by a company called "Magnaturals" or something like that. I figure they must climb around on rocks out in the wild. I'll have to post pics sometime.

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
They aren't terrestrial but they are rock dwellers. They live in the rocky craigs in the mid level of packed earth deserts. He should love the ledges. Can't wait to see pix... those sound huge. Hopefully nice and secure so they don't hurt your leo if they should detach.

PaladinGirl

They're really cool-looking. Still have to post pics, but I can assure you they're safe. The magnets almost broke my arms pulling them away from each other, and they had special instructions to keep them from breaking the tank glass. I was shocked at how strong they are.

PaladinGirl

Alright here they are :D If you notice the white stuff smeared around her cage, it's her calcium. She tracks it all over the place. I wipe it up daily, but it smears :main_rolleyes:

PaladinGirl

I bought it at a store here in metro Detroit called Great Lakes Reptiles. They have a bunch of them, all different shapes and sizes. They're made by a company called Marty Made. The best thing about them is that they're a lot lighter than regular aquariums, making them very easy to remove for cleaning. The glass is thinner and the frame is aluminum. I love it. They're kind of pricey; mine cost $60. I highly advise getting a lock for the front if there are young kids around :) Also, they may not be ideal for people that use a lot of rocks and stuff because of the thinner glass.

Visit our friends