Photo Contests

Prizes for the contests

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Diego:)

3 Year Member
I liked it it better when we could win prizes for entering the contests.:D Then more people would enter and it was fun seeing everyones geckos and voting!:) Don't you guys agree?

Caleb C

Having prizes would obviously get much more entries and contestants, but it would cost Josh money.
Being a small forum, I highly doubt Josh earns much money from this, since it costs money to upkeep.
I'm guessing that something else can be done, such as a special title/recognition for a week/month or something.

Diego:)

3 Year Member
But maybe just a small thing. I'm sure he could probably find some cool plant or something ;)

Rylee

3 Year Member
Yeah that would be cool if we could get prizes like we used to, but something small.

jenna

Air plants would make a cool prize!! And they could be used in gecko homes ;) They are also very inexspensive.

Caleb C

Yeah, shipping is a pain in the butt, it would probably add like $5 or so to the cost, because of the box and everything. Temps are also a problem, it's too cold right now, and heat packs would cost more.

Geckotopia

Well, a prize could also be shipped at better weather, plant or animal. It could also be set up, that if it is an animal, the winner pays shipping. Pictures of the donated gecko could be taken ahead of time, so you enter IF you want to take it and pay all or part of shipping, that could work many ways. I for one would be down to donate a baby, if the site (Josh) and winner split cost, I could do packing materials and send the nugget out in better weather.

Visit our friends