Planning to go from glass tank to plastic bin...

Dragonfly_Dust

I kept Vastervik in a 18x18x18 exo terra since I got him in June. I have come to realize it is not really big enough for him and frankly I don't care about enclosure aesthetics for my leo like I do with my crestie.

I'm thinking about using this sterilite bin from my neighborhood Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-10-Gallon-Stacker-Storage-Bins-Clear-Nickel-Set-of-6/17164513

It has a lot more floor space then the exo terra which would hopefully make my tubby Vastervik more happy and more active.

This bin won't be used in a rack system. I'll just use the lid that comes with the bin as the cover and have it on my table on top of an under tank heat mat hook to a thermostat.

The thing is I have no idea how to prep this bin for a leopard gecko. How many airholes will it need? What tools can I use to make airholes? Am I forgetting anything?

Any advise??

Cosmo

How's this for not caring about aesthetics?lol! But they seem happy! I'd use a drill for the holes or a hammer an nail! I think getting some window screen and cutting a bigger hole would be the best bet though!

theCREECH

Not sure about the number of holes you should put in.. But don't wait your time with a drill or hammer. VERY easy to use a 20.00 sodering iron. Heat it up and start melting right through. Watch a couple videos from you tube.

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Those bins are what I house all my leos in. I use a soldering iron to make holes (I only paid $10-$15 for mine). I just poked a whole bunch in the top (better to have too many, than too little ;)).

Visit our friends