plastic?

Coby78

Can you still use an UTH for plastic tanks? I'm just wondering, because at some point I read that it damages the tank and it's not good to use. If not, then what do you use?

I have a glass tank, I'm just wondering because if I ever need to watch a friend's gecko, or bring my gecko with me for a temporary amount of time, I want to save a little space, rather than bring a 20 gallon long glass tank around. :D

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
A UTH is fine with plastic as long as you have a regulation system going on the UTH (thermostat or some other means of limiting the temps). Most plastic bins you would use to house leos can handle way higher temps then you should ever subject your geckos too anyways.

GeckoDude31

If anyone can answer this, it would be great. I just plugged my uth mat into my hydrfarm thermostat, then into the wall. How long until it gets up to my desired temp?

GeckoDude31

It has been 5 hours since plug in and it only went up 5 degrees. Is this ok? Getting nervous. My first Leo is coming tomorrow.

LeopardGeckoNinja

That doesn't sound alright, My heat mat heats up pretty quickly. 10 minutes or so. I would (if you have time) nip down to the shop where you got it and get a replacement. Hope it all goes well.

GeckoDude31

I have my thermostat to the max of 108 and on the thermostat it is reading around 84. The actually temp is reading 91.2. I have a slate bottom with paper towel layer below that. Remove paper towel? Would it make that big of a difference?

Last edited:

Visit our friends