polistyrene/styrofoam housings

strobe

great job 2 every1 that has made sum really great housings they look really good.

but i have a problem with polystyrene/Styrofoam, if it is burning it releases a very poisonous gas.

so if it is on the heat pad side will it still release sum of that gas coz of the heat? i know its a very hard 1 2 answer even if it is well covered in paint gas molecules are smaller then hardened paint and can still escape.

is it a good or bad idea 2 use polystyrene/Styrofoam housings or not? :main_huh:

Tommy13b

I dont think its the question, i think people are understanding your question, but id just stay away from it if you dont know. Its not worth risking your gecko's life.

jermh1

most plastics release VOC gases there should if you google it you should be able to find it, also look for MSDS on styrofoam. the smell you get from sniffing it and slighly heating it is the styrene, and VOC's, burning it is not the VOC gasses its completely different compounds, not to say the VOC gasses are safe, just not like the deadly cyanide gas some foams release when burned. Some polyester resin based hides will stink if you heat them, not the best but probably not leathal. Even the glues in MDFB release these gasses, and plastic containers too.

my answer to your question is I HAVE NO IDEA.

Visit our friends