Possible hide build?

Wartortle

I'm thinking about making a hide out of a hollow gourd (just google search Hawaiian gourd instrument).
I have a few of them around the house since we used to grow them in our backyard and dry them out. I was thinking about taking off the top so there is a hole, then chopping off the side of the gourd so it can lay flat and I can access my geckos. Ideas?

Ruvik

Ah i think that would be a great idea. I have a few gourds outside of my house that we made into bird houses. what would be cool is if you could get a nice size one, cut it so you can get to the insides, then make like a second level to the hide. Or you could even use it as a moist hide. Ahh there is so many things you can do with it. You could also make you a open side hide. By cutting the gourd in half more to one side, then cutting a hole on the thicker side so the gecko could get in. After you could make different levels using wood or some other material. Then you glue magnets on the edge of the gourd for the thick half and the skinny half, make sure they are strong ones, and then you can stick the gourd against the glass of the cage so you can see the levels and use the skinny side to hide the levels form the light so the geckos use it. :3 So many cool things you could do.

Wartortle

Wow! I never thought that I could make it that complex! But now that you say it, I've got to get crafting! We will see how it goes. Might do multiple gourds in various sizes since I have a pretty large setup.

Visit our friends