Problem - please help!

AliMak

Im changing from a red heat bulb and bark substrate, to a heat mat and tile.

Now the thermostat i have is a Habistat dimming thermostat, ive seen the same 1 but its a mat-stat or something for the heat mats.

Do i need to change my thermostat to the mat 1, or will it do the same job; i just plug the mat into it instead of the bulb?

Thanks
Alan

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I'm having a little trouble figuring out exactly what you want to know, but I"ll give it a try: it sounds as if your "thermostat" is really a rheostat where you can control how much light (or heat) is produced. In that case, you'd plug the mat into the controller. If I"ve got it wrong, just clarify and I"ll try to explain again.

Aliza

Obwahine

You should be able to use it on the mat. Just watch your temps carefully and make sure your tile doesn't overheat.

Jordan

for heat mats and heat strips and heat cables the pulse stats are what you want. but anything works, the pulse stats are the best and most constant.

AliMak

right i went to the shop where i bought my gear from. and the thermostat i have is £20 more expensive then the mat-stat! So their doing me a trade tomorrow :)

im not sure if its a rheostat, all i know is its a Habistat Dimming thermostat, that i was told is for using with a bulb.

ill be doing the thermostat changeover and tiling tomorrow, would it be of interest to anyone for me to put pictures up of the job im doing?

Visit our friends