Proud new member of the (LGBC) Leopard Gecko Bite Club!

Vegas_Eric

Hello Gang,

Well this morning I became an honorary member of the LGBC - Leopard Gecko Bite Club... LOL

I couldn't believe it. Me and my kids have had Leo's now for over a year and have once to be bitten until now.

One of our large 100+ gram males that we call Godzilla had a bad shed so I started some warm tap water in the sink and held him in my hand as the water flowed under his belly and across his feet.

He was not happy with that and kept moving, turning, trying to run off and being very figity. Basically he was showing his displeasure, but he hang in there for like 5 minutes. Just long enough for me to roll off the old skin.

I got him nice a pretty looking again and went to take him back to the rack. He was doing fine just hanging out on my hand and then with my right hand I opened the lid of his tub and whammo. He took a nice bite on the palm of my hand.

I could not believe it. It felt like a nice electrical shock went through me for a second. Probably because of all his tiny fine little teeth. Yes I know they have little teeth now too.

I lowered him to the floor and he ran off onto the carpet.

I got back in his tub and had to take care of my hand and clean it out.

He did draw blood and it took about 5 minutes before it would stop bleeding. It's just a little itchy now, but otherwise it was just a surprise to me.

Here are some pics, go ahead and enjoy them at my expense (LOL):

DSC05736.jpg

DSC05735.jpg

DSC05734.jpg

Eric and the twins!

Angel

lol sorry for laughing, I didnt believe they could draw blood my babys have bit me they even shake there head like little pitbulls trying to tear a chunk off lol but it didnt hurt didnt even leave a mark. Almost scares me handling my big guys now lmao.

Vegas_Eric

lol sorry for laughing, I didnt believe they could draw blood my babys have bit me they even shake there head like little pitbulls trying to tear a chunk off lol but it didnt hurt didnt even leave a mark. Almost scares me handling my big guys now lmao.

It's ok, go ahead and laugh. Yeah I'm just wondering myself if I will have any apprehension handling any of my large adults again. I don't think I will, but right now I am at work. When I get home it might be another story.

Eric

Vegas_Eric

Thats a pretty big gecko to make a big mark on you. LOL

Yeah, this boy weighed in last at 110 grams. He loves eating adult male dubia roaches and you can hear then snap, crackle pop in is mouth as he crunches them up, so he has pretty good jaw pressure.

I can almost bet, although I did not see it because it happened so fast, but I would bet the two round parts you see there came together when he clamped is mouth shut on me...

Last edited:

vctkiller

Ruler Of the WORLD!!
It's almost in a shape of a head, maybe you can get a sharpie and put two eyes on it to remember the special event. haha

jclee

I never would have thought a leopard gecko could break skin like that! I've gotten nipped while hand-feeding my guys, but they've never drawn blood. Ouch!

rubym

Our big baby Oren ( 143) grams bit my hubby and drew blood. I wanted to get a pic and post it but my hubby wouldnt. He made a pretty good place. My husband startled him when he reached in the tank.

Visit our friends