Puchased my first Leo, am I doing this right?

LeoMerlin

That is true, that's what research is for though, for those that don't know and aren't a hundred percent sure who to listo en to. I keep doing research all the time, to get different points of views and responses to make sure I have all the info I can get. The main thing is to make sure the pets are healthy and happy. That's what I care about. That's why I do so much research, and ask questions. And when I find out something that seems to work, and is good for them, then telling it to someone else seems to be a good idea like what everyone else here does. If that makes sense.

Oh and no more reptile carpet for Merlin, put him on paper towels, and Artemis never touched the carpet, staying with paper towels for now till I can get tiles.

grboxa

I think im using the exact same sand as you, am i correct? Zoo-Med outback orange extra fine?....a breeder told me hes been using extra fine sand for 6 years and its no problem. Most cases you hear about impaction is because of the type of sand that is used...if it isnt very fine it will get impaced much easier...better be safe then sorry ofcourse...but I think your okay, unless your leo just licks the sand consantly....I feed my leoo worms through tweezers...and when he catches crickets he dosent really get alot of sand in his mouth..(ive been watching him eat every time I feed crickets, whatever he ignores after he eats I take out, so I know. Alot of sand I seen people use isnt very fine. Im inexperienced...but just take a look at the other sand they use or that is available..zoomeds sand seems to be much more finer.

Chet1028

Your Leo looks adorable. And the enclosure is great with the exception of the sand which the experts say is a no-no. Have fun with your new little friend.

Visit our friends