Question about temps....

Gecko4me

Okay so I moved my geckos to a new aquarium, so I'm trying to regulate the temps again. For hot side do you do right under the light or off the side a little??? I have a digital therometer w/ a probe so put the probe on the cooler side (or have been moving it around a little just to kind of see. Well right under the light its 97 degrees, but then just off to the side it goes down to about 88 degrees and the cool side is then around 80 degrees. Does that sound right or should it be a bit cooler right under the light?? (Yes I know a UTH is better and do have one but it only get the temp to about 80 degrees so I need the light too. I have a red noctural light in hopes that would be better for their eyes.

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
I can only speculate because I heat with belly heat. I would recommend checking the temps inside the warm hide since it probably spends most of its time in there.

Aliza

LizMarie

I honestly think it's fine because I normally heat my gecko at 95F and some go as high as 97F while others go as low as 88F. As long as you are within that rang, have a healthy gecko and have a heat gradient it's fine, in my opinion. And I'd take the temperature where is the hottest being the center of the light.

And I don't put the humid hide on the warm side because it'll be dry in a day or so and if it's too warm you gecko won't want to leave.

Visit our friends