question on heating

Sunset

I posted a while ago but Im new to the forum, I've yet to get a leopard gecko because Im doing research still. I got everything down really I just have a quick question about heating.

1) I already know you need a UTH. I was thinking about getting a 75 watt red light to heat up the air as well, is that okay?

2) Do I need to lower the temperature at night? I havent really read anything about it. If I do, should I just turn off the red light at night?

Thanks for your input!

Khrysty

Usually a UTH will warm the tank to the correct temp (around 95 degrees f) but if it doesnt, supplementing with an infrared or ceramic heat bulb is okay.

You don't need to lower the temperature. They understand day/night without it

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Red lights are fine for supplemental heat, or even as a primary heat source. The main issue with using lights isn't that they are inherently bad, just much less efficient than a heat pad.

Some people drop the temp at night by 5-10 degrees, some don't. I don't bother for mine.

Sunset

Okay cool! Thanks for responding back fast :D. I was confused on whether or not to lower the temp at night, I've read so many different things over the internet that I wasnt exactly sure. Next time I'll just come right here lol.

Visit our friends