Question Regarding My Supers...

StatikStepz

www.ThePerfectGecko.com
Hey guys, gotta simple question for ya, cuz i have heard both ways from friends of mine that also have gex...

I use paper towel as a substrate and feed my geckos superworms. I keep my superworms in a dish for my geckos but every once in a while, one gets out.

Well anywayz, earlier tonite, i was cleaning out the cage and replacing the paper towel, and found a superworm in the corner of the cage that had escaped his impending death in the dish (smart guy! lmao)... Well i guess he had been there a couple days, because he had chewed and eaten a big huge hole in the paper towel about the size of a quarter. So here's the question... He was still alive, but is it ok to still feed that superworm to my geckos? Or should it be thrown away...?

This same thing has happened a couple of times before, and i just threw them away because i did not want to take the chance, but now my curiosity has really gotten to me... would feeding a super that has just chewed up and ingested some paper towel be bad or a harm to then still feed to a gecko?

Maybe its just me, but i don't see any good from paper towel makin its way into my leo's stomachs... Or does it not not even matter?? Anyone else agree with me, or have thoughts on this?? Please share, and thanx!!

THE WHISPERER

I throw them back in the dish and let them eat em. There's nothing toxic or harmful in paper towels and the peices that are ingested by the worm are so small that i can't imagine it causing any problems for your geckos. I've been feeding supers for a few years and haven't had any problems.:main_thumbsup:

Visit our friends