Red Lights!!!!

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

Okay, so I invested in a red light, you know how they are for us seeing them, but them not seeing us, so they will come out and we can watch them at night time? Well, mine can still see me, and won't come out that much when I am there, and I know she can't hear me because I am completley silent. I know she can see me because I would move my head side to side and she would fallow my head with her eyes the rare time she did come out. I believe she does feel comfertable with me, which is the reason why she didn't scurry back into her hide right away, but still the other times, she wouldn't come out all the way. But, is this suppost to happen? I am not sure if I have the idea of the product wrong. (my fault for not knowing what exacily they are for). Or if there is something wrong with my red light. Please respond and tell me if you have expirience with red lights, or know alot about them, thanks!!!

Cola7

Invested in a redlight??? It was 14 bucks and I paid half. BTW its not for us seeing them and them not seeing us. It's for providing heat for 24 hours and to be able to see it at night without messing up their day-night cycle :p BTW post these on the proper boards, this should he on the housing board....

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

k, I just joined so I dont know exacily which ones to post them on, so sorry...

Last edited by a moderator:

gothra

Happy Gecko Family
They can't see red lights, so when you turn on the red light, its like complete darkness for them. However, they are still able to see you just like how they can catch prey in the dark. So yes, its normal that they can see you moving around.

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

Thank you gothra!!! That was alot of help, thanks!

maximusx6910

exactly. So they can still see you but if you stand back enough and have all lights off. They should come out, mine dont become active until... 12 at night and 1? it is really cool to watch them. I like the red light. Its good so you can keep it on 24/7 if you like. I do most of the time, and in the morning open my blinds. so they have a little light.

L

LeopardGeckoGirly

exactly. So they can still see you but if you stand back enough and have all lights off. They should come out, mine dont become active until... 12 at night and 1? it is really cool to watch them. I like the red light. Its good so you can keep it on 24/7 if you like. I do most of the time, and in the morning open my blinds. so they have a little light.

Oh okay, thanks! and i know, i love to watch my gecko Gucci, i find it so cool, and i will try that, to sit far back so she cant see you. Thanks everyone for your help!!!:D

maximusx6910

haha that stinks, mine adventue the first two days. after that they stay a little hidden. now they are out at 10:30 to 12:00 stay out for a few hours. My newest one, got him/her last weekend is finally coming out now

herpencounter

Herpencounter.com
They can't see red lights, so when you turn on the red light, its like complete darkness for them. However, they are still able to see you just like how they can catch prey in the dark. So yes, its normal that they can see you moving around.

Reptiles can see red light just fine. It just doesn't disturb their nocturnal activity's. If you have ever been to the zoo, many of their nocturnal animals (reptiles, amphibians, mammals) will have red lights. They can see the red lights just as well as you can. It just doesn't bother them =).

J.

Visit our friends