Refusing to breed

RAZERWIREREPTILES

This will be the second season in a row that i have had 2 females that pretty much are refusing to breed. I can never tell when these 2 are ovulating and when i try to get them to breed they tend to over power my only full blood raptor. The male is of good size he is rather long, the 2 females are both reverse red stripe, TCT, het raptor and have always been above 58g. Anyone one out there know any tricks to get these stubborn females to do the deed? would be greatly appreciated these two females were supposed to be my high end leos that would give me some show stoppers. The females are of plenty age, weight, health they are 100% just a PITA to breed...

Thanks for your help
Roy

RAZERWIREREPTILES

Well i just looked thru the fourms so i am going to try use an object/paper bedding from the male cage and puting it in the femals cage to see if this will help but any other thoughts?

HugeGenes&LoLa

Is your male cage near your females' cage? We brought a new guy home a few weeks ago and put his tank right next to the female's tank... a couple hours later... the male and female were trying to climb out of their cages to get to each other haha. We haven't tried breeding them yet since they are still underweight, but by the looks of it, they will do just fine. I think the paper trick should work just as well though, since I'm pretty sure our male&female were smelling each other. Good luck! :)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I've had similar problems with many of my 'proven' breeder females this year... and they are even ovulating!?!!?!?!!! Maybe it's nature's way of controlling the already saturated leopard gecko market...

DarthGekko

Sin City Gecko
I've had similar problems with many of my 'proven' breeder females this year... and they are even ovulating!?!!?!?!!! Maybe it's nature's way of controlling the already saturated leopard gecko market...

MOGL,

They are ovulating and they still wont breed!?! Thats soo weird. Do you get infertile eggs? I just wanna know for future reference.

RAZERWIREREPTILES

yes the females are next to him. I have 2 females that produce my fantastic het raptor that the male mates with fine, its just the other 2 females that are supposed to be producing my raptor/aptor that are just plan mean when it comes to spending time with the male.

A

AloneAsAlways

My female won't have anything to do with my male either and i just can't tell if she's ovulating or not, i never have. She's 61g and plenty old enought too. I just don't get it, i've been trying to breed her since early Feb and still she wont accept him. I've tried everything from the paper trick to leaving them together over night but still nothing. I'm just going to give up breeding her and get some new breeding females. =[

U

untamedg

My female won't have anything to do with my male either and i just can't tell if she's ovulating or not, i never have. She's 61g and plenty old enought too. I just don't get it, i've been trying to breed her since early Feb and still she wont accept him. I've tried everything from the paper trick to leaving them together over night but still nothing. I'm just going to give up breeding her and get some new breeding females. =[

Yep im in the same exact situation as you, its quite the bummer buying a leopard gecko then finding out she wont to the dirty dirty for ya, what can you do.:main_angry:

daniellebluetoo

gecko hoarder
same here

I have several breeding groups going, and are either NOT getting eggs from most, or the eggs that I HAVE gotten are infertile and mold/collapse in a few weeks after candeling bulls eyes..... NOt a good season, last yr I had TONS of babies to choose my holdbacks from, this yr, I have only 3 TOTAL hatchlings, and have lost at least 2-3 doz eggs.

some of my breeders are new, some are my last yrs and none are my holdbacks from last season as they haven't reached size yet.

some one mentioned the crap from the mealworms last yr.... did anything come of that?>

Visit our friends