Reptile Depot???

N

Niqui13

Ok, ok I might get some rolling eyes for asking this, but I need to know. I know there are a lot of bad posts about them out there, on "other" forums, but do any of you have personal experience with them that you wouldn't mind sharing with me?

I am considering purchasing a Waxy Monkey Frog from them. I can't seem to find one for sale anywhere else, and RD has them for sale at a good price.

Also, I thought I should let everyone know that I have read over ALL of the posts I can find about them, and I have to say they are not all bad. The ones that are bad have to do with WC animals dying, or slow customer service. (The Waxy's I'm looking at are CB.) Even in most of the bad posts, R.D offered to refund the money or send the person a replacement, even if the animal died outside their 24 hour guarantee. (This guarantee goes for their amphibians as well. Most places will not guarantee amphibians at all since they can be so sensitive to slight environmental changes.)

So anyone have opinions or experiences with Reptile Depot? (Good or bad.) I would appreciate any info you could give me. Thanks!:)

Golden Gate Geckos

Mean Old Gecko Lady
I have had great experiences with Retile Depot for supplies, but since I vend at many of the shows they do, I would not recommend purchasing live reptiles from them. Trust me. They are not breeders, they are a supply company. I have seen many obviously imported reptiles and many with sub-standard health. Stick to breeders for healthy animals, and supply places for supplies.

MischiefManaged

Painting the roses red...
I used to go there frequently (when I lived in Los Angeles) and I was never impressed with how they cared for their animals. However, among the animals they did sell, I would say that their amphibians were the "best" cared for. I would take Marcia's advice if I were you and try to find a good breeder. Good Luck! :)

Visit our friends