Rescue....blizzard?

Raven9464

Could you tell me if this leo is a blizzard? I am new to leos and just want to know what I have...

Found this little one at a pet store....not sure when the last time was they fed it, but it hadn't been lately. Poor thing is soooo skinny! It downed 2 wax worms, 5 meal worms, and 4 calcium dusted crickets as soon as I get home with it :( I can't stand to see animals suffer, and I can't stand LPs that don't take care of their animals!!! :main_thumbsdown:

chance.jpg

panthergecko

It has the dreaded pencil tail. Imo you should not try to fatten smaller sized gecko with wax worms. try feeding meal worms and crickets Daily with a waxworm feeding every 2 weeks. Good Luck

roger

Could you tell me if this leo is a blizzard? I am new to leos and just want to know what I have...

Found this little one at a pet store....not sure when the last time was they fed it, but it hadn't been lately. Poor thing is soooo skinny! It downed 2 wax worms, 5 meal worms, and 4 calcium dusted crickets as soon as I get home with it :( I can't stand to see animals suffer, and I can't stand LPs that don't take care of their animals!!! :main_thumbsdown:

chance.jpg

The one thing you need to watch out for is over feeding the leo.Start with smaller prey items and just a few gradually increasing the amount.If it starts to gorge on food it might regurg

Raven9464

Thank you all very much for the info and advice, I appreciate it greatly! Sooo glad I found this forum! I'll go slow and easy with this little one, and hopefully soon I can post a new pic with a "fluffy" tail 8}-<

katie_

Wonder Reptiles
I would also be cautious with infected other geckos (if you have any).
Many geckos get pencil thin tails when they are sick (crypto, parasites). Unless the petstore didnt feed its reptiles, they are usually skinny for a reason.

I would also recommend you take it off sand until its regained its health.

Visit our friends