Round 2: Help us ID Luna?

LunaMarcusCarlisle

Her breeder said she might be SHCT Enigma/HET Raptor

2012-09-01_02-49-32_248.jpg

2012-09-01_02-49-43_257.jpg

2012-09-01_02-49-38_51.jpg

LunaMarcusCarlisle

Thanks guys!
Not buying from her anymore. Seems like she knew about as much as morphs as we do and threw random suggestions out to up the price.
We appreciate the help :D

stager

Looks like a normal to me with a regenerated tail and a few toes missing, I would avoid this breeder

LunaMarcusCarlisle

Yeah we noticed that :[
We considered buying the other ones off of her to prevent further damage/rescue them, But we can't afford to buy them all. She has a least 4 more on craigslist.

We're taking good care of her now. In a nice healthy environment :)

LunaMarcusCarlisle

Yeah after reading your responses we're probably going to buy the other leo's she has and just keep them separate from our healthy leo's.

I'd rather have them here and taken care of properly than not being taken care of in her home.

GeckoCrossing

Yeah after reading your responses we're probably going to buy the other leo's she has and just keep them separate from our healthy leo's.

I'd rather have them here and taken care of properly than not being taken care of in her home.

I wouldn't buy any more from this 'breeder' at all. All it does is give them more funds to continue their bad treatment of more geckos.

LunaMarcusCarlisle

Yeah you're right :/
Well at least we saved Luna. Other than the toes and all that she's has a great tempermant and we're happy to have her in our little gecko family. <3

Ozy

Maybe you could report the breeder to the humane society or something? I would check into that if it were me. I think it's HORRIBLE when people do that to a poor animal just to make a buck.

LunaMarcusCarlisle

Yeah. We looked into that last night. They said there isn't really much they can do. They didn't seem as interested once I said the woman endangering reptiles. I feel like they're all about larger animals unless it's a large amount of animals.
I'm gonna try and call a reptile rescue program.

DrCarrotTail

I'm not sure the Animal Welfare Act covers reptiles - which would mean that the ASPCA or whatever humane society you called may be uninterested since they don't have the ability to do anything.

Ozy

That is BS if the Animal Welfare Act doesn't cover reptiles! I was suggesting the humane society, just because I've seen them take reptiles away from people on Animal Planet. Shows how much I know. LOL! Too bad it's illegal to give out her address on the forums.. hahahaha! Poor little girl, SO glad you saved her. She looks like she doesn't even have any nails left!!

Last edited:

DrCarrotTail

I read on wikipedia that the AWA doesn't cover cold-blooded animals, birds, or a few other things.

I was thinking about the Animal Planet show too when I was writing that last post. I believe it's illegal to own reptiles other than turtles in Detroit and so they can take any they come across. I'm not sure if I've seen them take any on other cities but I bet if they're seizing some animals they get a blanket "every living thing on the property" warrant (or whatever its called :p).

LunaMarcusCarlisle

We're just taking comfort in the fact that she's with us.
Another concern is we were told she's gravid. Was housed with males and females.
When we got her we weighed her and she's only 45grams. :[
It's so close to the end of the season too. If we can get her through all this she'll live a happy comfortable life WITHOUT any breeding.

Visit our friends