Sexing. How old till you can tell?

maximusx6910

How old does a Leo need to be to be able to tell the difference between a male and female? For instance a month? Or a good estimate.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
To be certain, most experianced breeders can have an inkling at an early age, but to be certain 6 months ish is generally a good age where they become defined.

maximusx6910

Alright cool, i thought it was like around 2-3 months, and i have my mind set on a male, and it seems to be a male. But you can never know. Thanks
"he" is only 3 months old.

Srt14292

Est; 1992
As i said, some geckos will show signs early, some not, to get an almost definate answer I would try the light trick founded by one of the members on here, I can't remember the thread name but it seems to work pretty well, just watch out for those pores and big bulges.

L

Livey

This my sound a little silly... but when they are fat... i dont no the ages of mine but i was told by the vet she couldent tell until they got fatter!
so when they plump up some i guess :)
hope i helped !

Srt14292

Est; 1992
Livey I think your vet probably meant they should grow as well, Either way search some other threads on here for pictures, but you will know if you have male or female as soon as you see pores + Excreting wax

Visit our friends