Shedding help!

danicole95

This is my first shed with a Leo can anyone give me some tips on what I should be doing?
416881aa0703418788234bf10b95a8c6.jpg
thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMORRISON

This is my first shed with a Leo can anyone give me some tips on what I should be doing?
416881aa0703418788234bf10b95a8c6.jpg
thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a moist hid in your tank? If not put one in and use something like moss in it and mist everyday when in shed and when not in shed mist every other day. Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Neon Aurora

Yeah, you don't really need to do anything. Make sure the moist hide is moist and don't be surprised if she isn't interested in eating for a couple days. After she completes her shed, check her over for shed that didn't come off (common places are toes, tail tip, nose, eyes, vent area). If you find shed like this, it's important to do a warm soak (although I actually prefer a tupperware with a moist papertowel placed on a heat source for 15-20 minutes. In my opinion, very high humidity for a short period works better than soaking in water) and gently help her remove the skin with a q-tip or your finger nails if you're careful.

icius

Can the heat source be simply placing it on the warm side of the enclosure or does it need to be warmer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Neon Aurora

Can the heat source be simply placing it on the warm side of the enclosure or does it need to be warmer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Are you asking about the heat source of the tupperware with moist paper towels in it? Placing the tupperware on the warm side of the enclosure would probably work fine. As long as it gets warm enough to produce a good level of humidity. I usually place it directly on a heat source (I use heat tape, so I remove the geckos tub and place the tupperware on the heat tape).

Just remember that if you choose to use this method, you absolutely have to remember to remove the geckos after 10-20 minutes. An enclosed container on a heat source can get very warm if you forget about it. I usually stay in the room while doing this to ensure I don't forget.

Last edited:

Visit our friends