Shedding

Im-Perfection-xo

Wayward Victorian Girl
How often should a gecko shed? He's atleast a year old, and he doesn't have much growing left to do. I think he's gotten a tiny bit bigger since we got him, but not much. He seems very happy, and he's healthy. He's friendly with us, he comes and crawls up our arms when we stick our hands in the tank (Unless he's hungry, in which case he headbutts us. Lol!!).

I just don't think he's shed yet.. And in about 4 months of having him, I had expected him to shed. He's got a moist place, and a rough surface to aid in the shedding process, and I know that geckos will eat their shed, but I just can't believe that we've never seen it if he has infact shed already.

hybrid

They do tend to eat their shed. Mine does anyways. =) I notice the shedding cause i mess with him everyday(my pet)

MSMD

Lake Effect Leos
He's going into shed when he 'dulls out'. :main_yes: He's just not letting you catch him in the actual 'act'. ;) There are a couple of mine that I've never witnessed the actual act of shedding with them. I know they're doing it, though. :) I can tell by their poo and by their coloration when they're going into shed.....and then they emerge with their beautiful new colors.

Last edited:

Im-Perfection-xo

Wayward Victorian Girl
MSMD said:
He's going into shed when he 'dulls out'. :main_yes: He's just not letting you catch him in the actual 'act'. ;) There are a couple of mine that I've never witnessed the actual act of shedding with them. I know they're doing it, though. :) I can tell by their poo and by their coloration when they're going into shed.....and then they emerge with their beautiful new colors.

Alright, so he's not just a nut. :) He does tend to hide more when his colours dull, so I guess he just doesn't want us watching him shed. His behavior has been consistent since we got him, except for recently deciding his paper towel lining is a hiding spot. >.<

I'll just keep an eye on him fairly closely for a few weeks and see if I can catch him doin' it. ^^ :p

Visit our friends