Should I be worried about these Spots on back?

F Society

I have only had my leo for about a week and i noticed when I got him he had one dark spot on his back, and now he has a couple extra!? He eats, hes active, goes to the bathroom everyday. Should i be worried about these spots on his back? His belly is fine and has no signs of impaction
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20170211_135326.jpg
    20170211_135326.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 37

milhazes

My gecko is similar. Sometimes he has these spots and when he sheds these spots disapear or become less visible. In my case I think it is a trait. Your gecko is absolutely healthy, you should not be worried

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Christywoowoo

Those spots are where his blotches were when he was a baby. Most leopard geckos hatch with dark bands and as they get older they disperse into spots, or as in your morph's case, disappear. Sometimes they stay faintly into adulthood and changes in their coloring could make them more or less obvious depending on the day, which is probably why you see more of them.

attachment.php
attachment.php

This is a before and after of one of my hatchlings after a few months, you can see there are shadows where the bands used to be.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 24
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 24

DrCarrotTail

No need to worry like others have said - they're baby markings that have faded. I find they pop out more on some geckos than others and usually they are more visible if the gecko is cold or stressed but sometimes for no reason at all.

Visit our friends