Sick gecko??

JessicaK

I have a female crested gecko that just stopped laying for me like 3 months ago. I separated her from the male and switched both over to paper towels. Now she has a bulge and a stinky poop. Help!
0a1fbc061cac486b450bbbe126b5e8c1.jpg
8eb1d73b15c037299cf932699c6c8e90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JessJohnson87

She could be gravid again. Have to you checked her belly for eggs?

The poop looks somewhat normal but if you have an exotics vet close to you, I would take it in for a fecal test just to be on the safe side.

JessicaK

I don't really know how to check for eggs, I just know how full her belly looks when she's gravid and she looks like it. But if bulges out on that one side if she sits right and I'm worried that she may be egg bound because she never laid in a box before, just in the loose coco fiber substrate. Now she's on paper towels with a lag box and she won't use it

JessJohnson87

Just feel the belly for lumps and that's usually the eggs. She should use the lay box when she is ready to lay the eggs, geckos are funny about new things.

yoshi'smom

OUROBOROS EXOTICS
I don't know about that bulge... it looks concerning and not quite like eggs.
It almost looks like a hernia or something internal that isn't where it should be.
Did she seem to have any trouble passing eggs?
What's her weight?

JessicaK

She's never had any trouble laying before. She laid all summer fine and now I'm trying to cool her. She's 32 grams right now, she lost a lot from laying for so long, (she started laying in January with retained sperm from the season before) so she produced a lot but now I'm trying to get her weight back up.

Visit our friends