STARBURST FAT TAIL

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Never heard of it before, but she looks pretty, have the opportunity to get a starburst fat tail...should I get her?

Enigmatic_Reptiles

Quality is Everything
Im sure if you were to contact Jeff he would be able to explain it all to you. He just got back from Germany, but I would certainly try to ask him all about it.

cryptid_hunter

I say if you like it, then get it. I'd like to have one/some, but that just doesn't fit into any of my breeding plans right now.

But don't worry about what other folks think, get it for you, not them...

My two cents anyway :)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Im sure if you were to contact Jeff he would be able to explain it all to you. He just got back from Germany, but I would certainly try to ask him all about it.

I did contact him this was his e-mail to me:

"Starbursts typically come from aberrant blood lines but they have a lot of blushing colors and mottled pattern coming through between the bands and sometimes on the bands also. The color phase was named by Mark Leshock."

I have to let him know by the end of the day HELLLLLPPP!
What should I do?

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Are you wanting to breed, or would this just be a pet?

Eventually breed.

Really want a white out....but thats just not happening right now $$$$.

But I just really want a fat tail, and I thought she was pretty and reasonably priced. She's also het for albino. So if I got a striped male also het for albino, maybe that would make things interesting????
I dont know, I have limited experience with genetics. Im doing all the reading I can right now to learn, so I get good at it.:main_thumbsup:

So what do you think? Should I get her, would that kind of male be what I should get?

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Eventually breed.

Really want a white out....but thats just not happening right now $$$$.

But I just really want a fat tail, and I thought she was pretty and reasonably priced. She's also het for albino. So if I got a striped male also het for albino, maybe that would make things interesting????
I dont know, I have limited experience with genetics. Im doing all the reading I can right now to learn, so I get good at it.:main_thumbsup:

So what do you think? Should I get her, would that kind of male be what I should get?

Maybe a tang albino or another starburst het. albino....I wonder what a "Starburst" Amel would look like...

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
Go for projects you enjoy! If you like the Starburst then go for it :)

I do like her, but I think what is intriging me most, is that I cant find much information on the starburst, which makes them somewhat unique? And esp. now that you've mentioned all the possibilites of the starbust tangerine albino...I just think that would be really cool, but then again, why arent you wanting one?;) And why isnt JMG working on it? Maybe they are and it's top secret?;)

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
I do like her, but I think what is intriging me most, is that I cant find much information on the starburst, which makes them somewhat unique? And esp. now that you've mentioned all the possibilites of the starbust tangerine albino...I just think that would be really cool, but then again, why arent you wanting one?;) And why isnt JMG working on it? Maybe they are and it's top secret?;)

The reason i havnt bought one, is because I prefer the tangerines but thats just my preference. Nothing tickles my fancy more than a fluorescent ORANGE Amel :D lol And also Tangerine het. Amels can also have really nice blushing just like a starburst but with a FLAMING orange background :main_thumbsup:

Starburst...they have a lot of blushing colors and mottled pattern coming through between the bands and sometimes on the bands also...

Its just a gecko with high blushing and citrus color. It's all personal preference.Some like yellow others like orange, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
The reason i havnt bought one, is because I prefer the tangerines but thats just my preference. Nothing tickles my fancy more than a fluorescent ORANGE Amel :D lol And also Tangerine het. Amels can also have really nice blushing just like a starburst but with a FLAMING orange background :main_thumbsup:

Its just a gecko with high blushing and citrus color. It's all personal preference.Some like yellow others like orange, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ;)

Yet, you have granites, and zeros, and WHITEOUTS! They arent flaming orange? :p

Imperial Geckos

LIVE THE LIFE ™
Yet, you have granites, and zeros, and WHITEOUTS! They arent flaming orange? :p

lol, thats different! The Starburst JMG is selling has Amel genes in it. I was talking Amel wise. According to the email you got the Starburst appears to be line bred. Zeros, Whiteouts, Patternless, etc. are actual genetic traits.

As for me having granites, its a funny story. I have never been a big fan of them. They have stunning granites and I'm starting to really like them. The granites i have in my collection however, are a byproduct of my Patternless line.

I crossed two normal het. Patternless together in 2009. I got 12 eggs and 3 out of those 12 eggs were these "granitey/calico" type geckos. I got 2.1 so I plan on selling one of the males. I hope its some sort of genetic granite. The other 9 geckos, 3 were tangerine Patternless, and the other 3 were normal poss. hets. So i think its something new. If you want to know some more about this send an email or PM, :main_thumbsup:

tlbowling

Geck~OCD
So do I want a line bred gecko? Or one with actual genetic traits? Should I just hold out until I understand genetics more? Im really good at researching stuff, and I find all this genetic stuff really interesting, but sometimes Impulse also gets ahold of me too, and there goes that "Gecko OCD" again:D

Visit our friends