Stuck sheds on Gargoyle gecko?

Skink123

Hi I recently got a young gargoyle gecko and I noticed his toes seem kind of funky. There are a few toes that are kinda stuck together and a bunch missing the tips or toenails. I read that sometimes their feet get messed up by stuck sheds but I am having trouble telling if there are currently any stuck sheds that need to be removed. One thing that particularly concerns me is on one of his rear legs (I drew an arrow) there appears to be a ring the is kinda indented almost as if it was being choked. Its hard to see in the picture. Maybe I’m being paranoid but I would really hate for him to lose anymore toes so any help is appreciated. IMG_3045.jpeg IMG_3046.jpeg IMG_3047.jpeg IMG_3044.jpeg

acpart

Geck-cessories
Staff member
Usually the stuck shed is white and if there was a lot of shed buildup, it would look crusty. I don't see any of that. It's possible that your gecko just has slightly abnormal feet. If it doesn't change over time and it can still climb, I wouldn't worry.

Aliza

Skink123

Usually the stuck shed is white and if there was a lot of shed buildup, it would look crusty. I don't see any of that. It's possible that your gecko just has slightly abnormal feet. If it doesn't change over time and it can still climb, I wouldn't worry.

Aliza
Thanks for the reassurance, I guess I was just being paranoid, but I will keep an eye on it.

Visit our friends