Substrate question

toph427

I am putting together my new exoterra tank and just needed some opinion on some substrates. My other tanks both have ceramic tile(20 long and 10 gal) . The pre measured tiles from Lowes or HD won't fit the tank, and they won't cut them for me. I have a wet saw but as of now can't use it, its at my lake house. I have eco-earth for a pacman but haven't really heard of too many people using it for leos. I have also heard from some large scale breeders that sifted play sand is alright as long as its for adults, fed either mealies in a dish or by tongs. Would eco-earth or play sand be ok, if not what other suggestions do yall have, besides papertowel, newspaper , or repticarpet? Thanks

Gregg M

Registered Member
Natural soils... Honestly, you can literally get nice quality soil from your yard providing it is not laced with pesticides or chemical fertilizers...

For leos, I would suggest drying it....

Dog Shrink

Lost in the Lizard World
12x12 vinyl floor tiles. Easy to cut, come in natural looking simulated stone and self adhesive to prevent prey from getting under the corners. Easy to clean like ceramic and heat up real nice with out the conductive problems of ceramic porceline or natural stone.

toph427

Yea i've looked at the vinyl tiles i just didn't know how well they conducted heat, etc. Do you just stick the vinyl to the bottom or do you need anything in between the glass and the vinyl?

Visit our friends