sustainable dubia colony for 2 geckos?

Grip Fast

“Ballinbreich”
like it says i have 2 sub adult Leo's (30-35 grams) they are eating 2-4 large mealworms a day, so what would be a sustainable colony? lets say i start with 100 will i need to wait before i can start feeding?

sorry if this is a repeat question:D

thanks
Jeff

TheRed

I started with 50 nymphs of all sizes and 10 adults. So far only one of my geckos will eat the roaches, and now that's all she'll eat. She quickly ate all of my big nymphs so I bought 100 more. 100 may work if you only feed sparingly til the colony gets bigger. That's what I was planning on doing but then my gecko stopped eating everything else.

Keitone

I bought mine through a guy on fauna so I was able to get 3x as many for the same price. Ended up getting 500 and it's working out well.

RocksMama77

I started with about 125 and I quickly ran out of all except the big ones. I rebought 125 and added a heating pad. It took maybe 30 days and now I feed my 5 geckos and my baby turtle roaches. It is all I feed because they are all spoiled and won't eat anything else now. Heat is wonderful for them they breed quicker and grow faster.

RoninSTi

I bought 1000 nymphs from Digby on this forum. I'm feeding 3 animals now, but not out of this colony yet. The person I bought them from suggested letting the nymphs become adults, and once they produce nymphs to start feeding them off. I've given my animals some of the roaches though to see if they would like them and they gobbled them up!!

My setup is a 10g tank covered with tin foil so no light gets in, heat stays in
egg crates vertical
UTH
I feed them oranges, carrots, and progecko gutload (which they devour).
I also keep a moist paper towel in there for humidity/water source.

The colony is growing very fast. I read everywhere how slow they are compared to other roach species, but I'm please with how fast they're growing. I had all nymphs and I should have adults soon, my largest nymph is almost 2" long. They all started at about .5" 2 months ago.

Visit our friends