Tail

BuddyTony

My gecko Skipper is around 4-5 months old and he's got a decent size tail but it can be a lot bigger I'm feeding him 10-12 mealworms a day with leopard gecko calcium is there something I can feed my mealworms to make them more nutritious or something what's the key to getting a fat tail?

Caleb C

That's way too many mealworms a day. You should only be feeding him half. He's probably passing everything though, and not getting nutrients, probably not even digesting the food. Take a pic, it's best to slowly build up, there's no need for a giant tail if you're not breeding him. A fat tail is a healthy tail, but there's no point in having a little baby/juvenile with a giant tail. They grow at this age, and will store the extra fat, but your gecko will start getting a bigger tail once he's older.

BuddyTony

Thx I am thinking about breeding him with my cousin Jordan's gecko in the summer time so that's why I wanted to know

Star1

Males don't have to be very big to breed. I accidentally had a male in with females, he's not even a year old and pretty skinny and he got a female pregnant.

Visit our friends