temp probe for each bin?

R

reptile4me

Was thinking about my new rack setup and through reading tons of threads on this forum was still unsure how everyone monitors the heat in each bin.
I know through reading that it is controlled by a thermostat.
However, lets say that the rack holds 6 bins from right to left. These could have variations for temperature being that they are not in the same location. I would find it not efficient as far as money goes to have temperature probes in each bin.
How do those with this type setup monitor the individual temps?

T-ReXx

Uroplatus Fanatic
Buy a temp gun. It's an invaluable tool for reptile hobbyists. You can find them online for around 25 bucks. You need to use a thermometer to get a general idea of your temps(place it on the tape in between the bins around the middle of the rack) then you use the temp gun to check temps anywhere, including the actual gecko.

OneFootedAce

Buy a temp gun. It's an invaluable tool for reptile hobbyists. You can find them online for around 25 bucks. You need to use a thermometer to get a general idea of your temps(place it on the tape in between the bins around the middle of the rack) then you use the temp gun to check temps anywhere, including the actual gecko.

yeah temp guns are awesome, and very useful!

Visit our friends