these tubs big enough?

Russellm0704

I've decided that I am just going to buy a rack from boaphileplastics. Their best deal is the 10 shoe box rack which comes with 10 tubs, heat tape already installed, and free shipping for only 200 bucks. My only question is if the tubs are large enough to house adult leopard geckos. The tub dimensions are 14" long X 7 5/8" Wide X 4 1/2" Tall. Is this too small? This is the only good deal I can find on their website because all the other racks go up like 200 more bucks.

sunshinegeckos

They aren't cheap but they usually last and they can come with heat already installed which can be a pain to install. You can make your own for cheaper but you would have to install heat and take the time to make it. I have gone back and forth on buying v. making and will probably buy my next one just for the convenience and the fact that they are well made.

justindh1

I built my 20 tub hatchlings rack for just about the same price. That includes heat tape, tubs, and wood. You can go to Lowes, Home Depot, or etc and buy the wood and they will cut it for free. All you have to do is paint it and install the heat tape. Heat tape installation is fairly easy to me. If you have the skills to do it then that's the path I would go about. It also gives you bragging rights! :main_thumbsup:

I actually had a wood working shop that I bought my wood and had it cut. I knew an individual who worked there and got a good price. I also like the tubs at Container Store. They are constructed great and have flat bottoms.

Visit our friends