This is Moose

JGoslee

This is my black lab Moose. He makes such serious faces.

moose-1.jpg

Stitch

Wow, throw some horns on him and he's the devil's dog, haha.

He does look very serious, he puts those guards in Europe to shame. :main_laugh:

moosassah

I'm pretty sure he's swearing in that picture. Sweet lookin' pooch! Moose is the name of our sailboat...only 5 more months of dry dock! lol put some antlers on your boy & I've got a mascot.

JGoslee

moosassah said:
I'm pretty sure he's swearing in that picture. Sweet lookin' pooch! Moose is the name of our sailboat...only 5 more months of dry dock! lol put some antlers on your boy & I've got a mascot.
I'm pretty sure putting antlers on him would make him go nuts. LOL. He's actually very playful he just looks serious in his pics.

JGoslee

Sunshine State Exotics said:
Great picture! I have two labs myself. A yellow show lab and a black field lab.
Labs are great dogs. Just curious how big are your labs? Moose is is 127lbs and still growing. Are male labs usually this big?

No, they are not usually that big. He is HUGE!

Here is a statement form the AKC website:

Size, Proportion and Substance
Size--The height at the withers for a dog is 22½ to 24½ inches; for a bitch is 21½ to 23½ inches. Any variance greater than ½ inch above or below these heights is a disqualification. Approximate weight of dogs and bitches in working condition: dogs 65 to 80 pounds; bitches 55 to 70 pounds.

My yellow lab is big, but only 85-90lbs. My black lab is about 70lbs... he's built for swimming and hunting. He can swim forever.

Does your like the water? We have a blast taking them to the ocean or lake to swim.

JGoslee

Sunshine State Exotics said:
No, they are not usually that big. He is HUGE!

Here is a statement form the AKC website:

My yellow lab is big, but only 85-90lbs. My black lab is about 70lbs... he's built for swimming and hunting. He can swim forever.

Does your like the water? We have a blast taking them to the ocean or lake to swim.
Yes he loves water. He likes to go out in the rain and just sit in the middle of the yard and watch stuff.

JGoslee

moosassah said:
I hope Moose doesn't turn out to be a great dane mix! 127 & growing? He's not fat right? Have you asked your vet?
No he's not fat at all. The vet said he's not over weight.
I'm pretty sure he's not a mix but I guess anything is possible. I got him from a rescue when he was 1 years old. He had a microchip that was registered by a breeder so I just assumed he was a purebred. Either way it really doesn't matter to me.

moosassah

He's a big, gorgeous guy. I didn't think he was overweight. He does have the look of my great dane Boo. She topped out at 125 in her later days.

Visit our friends