This makes me angry

Samantha

i have heard that some types of animals can go together i read it in ron's book but i wouldnt put a frog with a gecko lol thats stupid

F

fletchneff

Its a terrarium. There is nothing wrong with mixing species of animals as long as they are non aggressive with each other. In my opinion it would be kind of hard to handle the leopard and the frog as they stated even though you shouldn't handle frogs regularly. One of our terrariums have Khuli geckos mixed with our Red Eye Tree frogs. The only question would be space which a 40 would be enough. If it was just a glass tank with no natural plants and structure then I would question it.

Tony C

Wayward Frogger
Its a terrarium. There is nothing wrong with mixing species of animals as long as they are non aggressive with each other. In my opinion it would be kind of hard to handle the leopard and the frog as they stated even though you shouldn't handle frogs regularly. One of our terrariums have Khuli geckos mixed with our Red Eye Tree frogs. The only question would be space which a 40 would be enough. If it was just a glass tank with no natural plants and structure then I would question it.

There are many good reasons not to mix species. I'm surprised the Whites tree frog hasn't eaten the anole.

F

fletchneff

I bet there will be plenty of people with pros and cons in doing it. I have been doing it for a long time without a single problem and there are probably some that have had bad experiences. I enjoy setting up larger terrariums and have multilple species in them. I usually stick to a few species to do it that I have had success with and in now way overcrod . I just do not understand opening the top to get the Leopard or frog out and having the anole to deal with as it would want to bolt and I don't put leopards in mine

Halley

My problem isn’t with mixing species; it’s with mixing species that have totally different care requirements…

Khrysty

My problem isn’t with mixing species; it’s with mixing species that have totally different care requirements…

Exactly. If they come from the same kind of area, require the same sort of food, heating, lighting, etc. then by all means, mix away!

But mixing tropical with desert..larger with small..creatures that'll eat one another. Well that's just unfair to the animals.

Visit our friends